Monday, March 2, 2009

Every Time We Say Goodbye

For many years, I had a "love affair" with Cole Porter, and then we drifted apart. I recently rented "Delovely" and fell in love all over again. Cole Porter's music is timeless, heart wrenchingly beautiful, raw and powerful, complicated, and full of real life. I highly recommend the movie, and I hope you enjoy this beautiful song.

Ev'ry time we say goodbye I die a little
Ev'ry time we say goodbye I wonder why a little
Why the gods above me who must be in the know
Think so little of me they allow you to go

When you're near there's such an air of spring about it
I can hear a lark somewhere begin to sing about it
There's no love song finer
But how strange the change from major to minor
Ev'ry time we say goodbye





No comments:

Post a Comment