Saturday, March 14, 2009

Matthew Santos "Matters of the Bittersweet"

I found Matthew by accident on YouTube and he speaks to my heart.


Oh, ain’t it funny how things changed
Once lovers then friends now strangers
With great sorrow that is haunting and beautiful

And, oh it ain't funny how we've tried
To see the whole wide world, eye to eye
But now I know it’s not always so simple

And I take this in stride down the way
I’m deaf, dumb or blind, so you say
But this ain't easy, what I'm leaving

Oh ain't it funny how we fear
The truth of our own madness brought to life
But it's only a matter of time

And I take this in stride down the way
And I've made big mistakes as they made me
But it's a long road where I'm going

And I should tell you I miss you
But I...I wanna hold you and kiss you
But I know that it ain't right
Not this time..

Oh it ain't funny how things end
We've could of done it all so different to save a friend
But you gave me but one choice to decide
And the only thing I could do was take a ride

And I take this in stride down the way
With my love deep inside pray it guides me
‘Cause it's a long road where I'm going

It's a long road where you're going
My sweet Burgundy
So goodbye my daffodil.
Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment