Monday, May 18, 2009


Walk with me
And I will tell you
What is going on in my head.

Walk with me
And I will tell you
What is going on in my heart.

It may take hours, or weeks.
Maybe a lifetime.

And when I tell you all that I am,
What will you think of me?

Will you be able to look into my eyes?
Will you see goodness in me, still?
Will you understand my heart, and still love me?

I am afraid for you
To see that part of me
Which quakes and trembles
Beneath the surface.
Afraid to be discovered.

But, that part is only a part
Of the complicated me.
Do not judge me based on one part.
My whole being yearns to be cherished.
Accepted. Understood. Protected.

Walk with me.
Hold my hand.
Let me breathe.

Walk with me.
Forever.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful poem with many aspects to it..well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that was such a nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you unknownwriter and Icy. Your comments are sweet. I labelled this one as "random thoughts" because I really didn't feel it was justified to be labelled as one of "my poems." I think I have much better pieces on here. But, I am glad you enjoyed them. Icy...I have cruised around on your site a wee bit, and I really like your blog. :) Thanks for dropping bye.

    ReplyDelete