Saturday, May 30, 2009

Shakespeare's Lake


sitting curled in each others arms
listening to the lazy lapping
of the cool obsidian water
as it caresses the stony shore
we watch the moon rise

under the spell of its rippling invitation
we speak our dreams aloud
breathing in the precious minutes
as we creep closer to goodbye
not knowing when we might touch again

we laugh about walking across the silvery path
that leads us from here...to where
and quickly abandon that fruitless vision
which lays waste to hope and joy
and turn, instead, to the beauty in our lives

and all the while I know
I cannot share this moon with you
in all its incredible glory
for my heart is bound to another love
and this is our moon - his and mine
but I cannot bear the hurt in telling you

you have another place in my heart
for always you will be my friend
and I am eternally grateful
for what you awoke in my life
and I cherish each moment we get together

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so peaceful, loving, and beautiful! I'm yearning for a feeling like this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely piece..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I am eternally grateful
    for what you awoke in my life
    and I cherish each moment we get together

    Words that hit home. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dreamt my lady came and found me dead,--

    Strange dream, that gives a dead man leave to think!--

    And breathed such life with kisses in my lips,
    That I revived, and was an emperor.

    ~W.S. on behalf of he who shares your moon

    ReplyDelete