Monday, April 6, 2009

The Loon's Song

Two birds of prey circle overhead;
One the majestic Bald, the other Golden,
Eyeing each other with mistrust
Waiting to swoop down
To take their place at the stone table
Where my Promethean heart is bound.


Bound by love and joy, my heart grows
Anew, each day, filled with laughter.
Sharing experiences as the Universe reveals
To wide, amazed eyes, Her splendid secrets.
Pink mouths dance as one question answered
Pops the champagne cork of "Why?"


Why, then, in the midst of bliss do I strain against
These bonds and throw my soul skyward
To where you are, and wonder who will catch me?
Until I hear my ghostly mate's mournful cry.
My life partner gliding silently across still waters
Singing a song of such true and haunting love.


Love, that binds my heart firmly, lovingly, deeply.
Knowing, that to hold too tight, will break
The hollow bones that let me fly,
He sings his unmistakable Loon song.
As I soar with the Eagles
Spinning, Diving, Circling at dizzying heights,
His songs lead me by heart, back to Earth
To refresh my spirit in the cool waters.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Your words touch me deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's snowing here today too ;)
    Gotta love Canadian weather...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are blessed by all three . . . so alive, so strong, so solid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful..I love the third stanza the best! It's so haunting and painful.

    ReplyDelete