Wednesday, April 1, 2009

the blethering place

back when I was young, and foolish -I hardly knew myself, in fact -
love came knocking in the form of a soft spoken, spirited young man
ever a gentleman, but always a trickster
telling me things to swell my head and my heart
handing me my future on a silver platter
enticing me to heights I had not dreamt of before
rescuing me from a path that would have done damage - no doubt -
i felt he saw things in me no one else in the world could see
now almost twenty years have passed and I
grow more in love with him, with every day we are blessed to be together

My darling, I will never forget where it all started. You are a wonderful, kind, funny, sensitive, romantic, sentimental, compassionate man and I am the luckiest woman in the world. Happy Anniversary!

http://www.bletheringplace.com/

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, dear friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind and touching words Sweetheart! Being me, I almost let that evening occur without you and me in the storyline. I could have been shy and reserved me and let that table in the Blethering Place sit empty. Or two other souls, maybe old, maybe young, could have occupied those seats. There may have been a spark or they may have eaten a meal without really speaking to each other. I am glad I asked you to join me for dinner even though you had a major assignment due. Thank you for having the instinct of knowing that your assignment had no measurable significance to the first night of the rest of our lives. I still don't know why we picked the Blethering Place and I can't remember what we talked about. I do sort of remember what we ate. What I really remember is telling my roommate, when I got home from that evening, that I was going to marry you. I'm not sure what was on your mind - maybe my sexy, skinny body:):) Or maybe it was that I kept my promise and picked you up in my orange and white limosine:):)
    I do remember you reading me some of your poetry later that evening in my room and you cried.
    Thank you for sharing.
    I'm so happy that I had the instinct to fend off those shy and reserved villians who usually occupy a large space within my being and ask you out to dinner that April Fools evening, making the beginnig of a magical storyline.

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Forever You and Me
    ~mikey

    ReplyDelete