Thursday, February 26, 2009

singing to the dragon

I sing to soothe the dragon that protests
And rages in the corners of my heart.
There, love lives large, but cries in pain today
Remembering the time that we have spent
Just looking into one another's eyes,
And making love together with our sighs.

Two fools are we to let our hearts run free
Into a place where nothing good will come.
Unchecked passion, that kills all those around
Who live to love us only - keep our home
And sacred trust - to honour minds and hearts
While we do shame their love with our upstarts.

But, oh! My friend forever you will be.
And, as I journey through this life, I know
That you are there, and part of you in me.
Now read kind words to soothe my furrowed brow
And I will hear your voice within my dreams,
Which soothes within my heart the dragon’s screams.

No comments:

Post a Comment